When you are in the middle of one of the most devastating accidents, RollTek can offer you increased protection in a fraction of a second.
IMMI® invented RollTek®, the advanced side roll protection system to keep firefighters, soldiers, truckers, and paramedics safer in the worst kind of accident – a rollover. RollTek is custom engineered for each industry and has been extensively crash tested at CAPE, our state-of-the-art testing facility, to help turn what could be a fatal crash into a walk away event.
A rollover can happen in an instant, that is why RollTek deploys in a quarter of a second.
HOW IT WORKS
- A roll sensor monitors the truck’s position, and when a rollover is detected, up to three RollTek components are deployed per seating position
- Seat pretensioners keep the driver or front seat passenger securely in their seats
- Suspension seats lower to increase survivable space in the cab
- Side airbags deploy to cushion the head and neck
With RollTek side roll protection, even the most severe crashes can be survivable. RollTek can dramatically reduce the human toll of rollover accidents, as well as make a significant impact on your bottom line.
Without RollTek, here’s what could happen in a rollover in a fire apparatus, commercial truck, or military vehicle:
- Suspension seat rises to the highest position
- Occupant rises out of the seat
- Head strikes interior cab structure
- Violent head and upper torso impact
RollTek for Ambulance
RollTek, also available in the ambulance industry, deploys side airbags in a rollover to greatly reduce the potential for death or serious injury to EMS personnel riding in the patient compartment.
HOW IT WORKS
- A roll sensor inside the vehicle continuously monitors ambulance stability
- When a rollover is detected, the system deploys side airbags in all the seating positions where RollTek is utilized
- Heads and necks of EMS personnel riding in the patient compartment are cushioned