Prepare to respond to hazardous materials and weapons of mass destruction (WMD) incidents. This new edition provides first responders with information to take appropriate initial actions at WMD incidents and hazardous materials spills or releases. The focus is detailed information about hazardous materials initial operations.
NFPA 1072, Standard for Hazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Emergency Response Personnel Professional Qualifications, 2017 Edition
Mission-Specific Competencies from NFPA 1072:
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Detection, Monitoring, and Sampling
- Victim Rescue and Recovery
- Product Control
- Evidence Preservation and Public Safety Sampling
- Illicit Laboratories
Key Features of the Text
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter
- Case Study to focus student learning
- Key Terms and Definition are highlighted
- Warning and Caution Boxes Emphasize Safety
- Review questions at the end of each chapter
40 skill sheets are provided at the end of chapters to provide step-by-step instructions to perform crucial skills.
Correlation to JPRs from NFPSA 1072 and NFPA 472 in Appendix A.
The basic fire suppression mission of a firefighter is to enter a burning...
Fire Service Technical Search and Rescue, 8th Edition is a primary training text for...
ALL NEW 59 Skill Sheets This all NEW text meets NFPA 1006, Standard...